Use of Content
- Another Africa, the online platform and magazine, maintains this web site (the “Site”) as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site (“Users”). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. Another Africa grants permission to Users to visit the Site and to download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, “Materials”) from the Site for the User’s personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell or redistribute them or to compile or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific Material within this Site. Another Africa Materials in any media may not be sold, exchanged or syndicated for gain in any way without written agreement from Another Africa.
- The reproduction of unaltered Another Africa material, with attribution (see below), and for non-commercial purposes is only permitted subject to these supplementary terms and conditions:
- Another Africa is clearly cited as the source with a prominent (ideally above-the-fold) credit and link to the relevant page on the Site. Attribution with active hyperlink can be stated as “Courtesy of Another Africa or “Seen on Another Africa” etc.;
- Reposting is not excessive. Specifically do not republish articles in their entirety, only an introductory excerpt shall be allowed and do not repost every article that we publish.
- You take reasonable steps to ensure that third-party sites do not republish Another Africa content from your site by for example clearly publishing your own copyright notice.
- Materials of other copyright holders appearing on the Another Africa website shall be respected, with credits and links to authors and photographers, artists, and any other creator listed shall be included next to the relevant text, images etc and that they cannot be republished without the express permission of the original copyright holder which must be sought in advance.
- If quoting from our site, all quotations should be attributed to their original source (example: speaking to Another Africa, Contributing Editor [Insert Name] said, ” …quotation…”)
- Our preferred longer form for attribution for the Site is “the online platform and magazine, Another Africa”. Short form: “Another Africa”.
- If you do republish Another Africa Materials, we would appreciate receiving links, samples and/or notifications.
If you have any complaints or objections to Content posted on the Site because it was not properly credited or it was posted without permission and is not consider a ‘fair use,’ and you are the copyright owner, please contact us with your contact information and a link to the relevant Content.
Links from Third Party Websites
This Site may contain links and references to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of Another Africa, and Another Africa is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Another Africa provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply the endorsement of the linked site by Another Africa.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, materials provided on this Site are provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Another Africa specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. Another Africa frequently adds, changes, improves or updates the Materials on this Site without notice.
Under no circumstances shall Another Africa be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Site, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto.
The use of this Site is at the User’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall Another Africa or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if Another Africa has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that Another Africa is not liable for any conduct of any User.
This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Another Africa does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither Another Africa nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers, contributors or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
As a condition of use of this Site, the User agrees to indemnify Another Africa and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of the User’s use of this Site, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User of these Terms of Service. If the User is dissatisfied with any Material on this Site or with any of its Terms of Service, the User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
If this Site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Forums”), the User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and materials that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using a Forum, he or she shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefor as may be required by law;
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that the User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
The User acknowledges that all Forums and discussion groups are public and not private communications. Further, the User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other Users are not endorsed by Another Africa, and that such communications shall not be considered to have been reviewed, screened or approved by Another Africa. Another Africa reserves the right to remove, for any reason and without notice, any content of the Forums received from Users, including, without limitation, e-mail and bulletin board postings.
Reservation of rights
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations, opinions and conclusions expressed in the Materials on this Site do not necessarily represent the views of the Publisher.
Contributions to Another Africa
Where you are invited to submit any contribution to AnotherAfrica.net you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant Another Africa the right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and / or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed.
You warrant that your contribution:
Is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available for purposes specified above. It is not defamatory. It does not infringe on any law
You agree to indemnify Another Africa and its publisher against all legal fees, damages, and other expenses that may be incurred by Another Africa as a result of your breach of the above warranty, and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on AnotherAfrica.net and the purposes specified above.
Another Africa reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect. Another Africa shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
Another Africa reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice. No waiver by Another Africa of any provision of these Terms of Servicers shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorised representative.
You warrant that you are of legal age and capacity. Children must not use this site without the express permission of their parents, guardians or other responsible adults.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Canada.
If any of the Terms of Service are not observed, we reserve the right to act in accordance with our rights as set out herein. Please send any requests, questions,or comments, or report any Terms of Service violations, us via our contact page.
Last updated on January 28, 2013.